Nov 19, 2010

Potato Candy Recipe

Hello,I thought I would share a recipe I was given by my friend about 10 yrs. ago.My children love it...maybe because it is super sweet.Photobucket
Old Fashioned Potato Candy

1/2 (or 1 small) boiled potato
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
About 2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
Mash potato, add butter, vanilla and enough powdered sugar to make a slightly stiff dough.
Roll out dough (on a surface dusted with powdered sugar) and spread on the peanut butter.
Roll dough up (as for jelly roll) to make a log.
Cut into pieces, let air dry for about an hour. Store in air tight container.
Makes about 2 dozen confections.
Make sure you have a glass of milk or coffee these are very rich.I hope you and your family enjoy




6 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Thanks for posting that Amy. That other recipe was a bit vague. It didn't mention the vanilla or the butter in the mashed potatoes. Or letting them air dry. Diana is boiling the potatoes now and it is only 7:30 but then again we have been up since about 3. I hope your sleeping now.

Linda said...

A very interesting recipe! Will give it a try. Thanks.

Theodora quilts said...

that is a great recipe ,and simple and the peanut butter yummy, thanks for sharing.

Jeni said...

Hi Amy
going to give this recipe a whirl
thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Thanks Amy
I had some of these when i was in the 5th grade and never forgot how great they were. I now can make them for my family.

Elizabeth - No Lazy Days said...

Thank you for the recipe! I remember making these in kindergarten but I couldn't find a recipe. My teacher had us roll our dough bits into smushed balls (shape of a potato) and then we put in mini chocolate chips (just a very few) to look like the potato eyes. We must have dusted them with cocoa powder because I remember them being brown. And yes, I definitely remember they were VERY rich. Can't wait to make these with my kiddos! :)