Nov 22, 2010

Peppermint Dreams

When I think of Christmas,I envision Peppermints and Candy Canes.With that I decided my Christmas quilt needed some peppermints,wonky ones at that.I was always afraid to try triangles until I used the Easy Angle ruler.Photobucket
Here is my big peppermint,I used 3.5" strips for the pinwheel block,then I added about a 2.5" square on the edges to make it look like a peppermint.I double sewed the square/triangle units,To get a second pinwheel block.
Photobucket
I may try to find a candy cane blocks and do some wonky letter later.If you make some peppermints please share I would love to see how and where you use them.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Love the new picture

Karen said...

Coming along very nicely!!

LuAnn said...

Love that peppermint block and those Christmas fabrics. I really like your idea of using the coffee can (now that most all of them are plastic) to put your scraps in.