Sep 15, 2009

Current Projects

I have been sewing on my Big Block Quilts. The first one is for my brother,who plays guitar.The checkerboard is purple and green.Purple is one of his favorite colors.
I have also finished two tops for Christmas gifts.The pattern is "strip Twist" from www.quiltville.comYou might not be able to tell but one quilt is made with 2" strips and the other is 2.5" strips.
The next quilt to be squared up will be this string quilt I purchased at an antique mall near Little Rock,Ar..After laying it out on the table,we realized the borders were not put on correctly and were all bumpy.While we were admiring this beauty,Marlene looked on the back side of some patches and they were flour sacks with the writing. I wish the writing was on the top,so it could be seen.I really like the scrappiness of this quilt.I am going to take off the borders.(Ahem).I should say my husband is going to take them off,for some reason he likes to rip seams for me.I will not complain.
I better get back to sewing the second B.B.quilt.The longest part of making them is the checkerboard.Thanks for visiting,Amy

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Amy, where did you get the guitar fabric. My husband being a musician would love to have a quilt made out of that fabric.

Have not talked in awhile hope things are going well.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Amy, that was quick. The guitar quilt went together quick. I like how it turned out. Sure hope you can come down and we can get that other quilt squared up. Get busy Joey! I like the string quilts too. I must make one!

Molly said...

Okay, Amy and Kwiltmakr, sounds to me like you two are having way too much fun--I wanna come visit too. 8>) Amy I love the scrappy look also, great going there. Have fun

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Amy, love the scrap twist. I may have to try that one some time... I love scrappy quilts. Have a good night.
Vera

Anonymous said...

Love this quilt.. the colors are so fun.. How ya been?

Kim said...

Hey Amy thanks for stopping by my blog....no those striped shirts didn't get to me but I am wondering who will want it on their bed :0).
Looks like your projects are coming along really well. Are you sewing at home or on the road?

Happy Sewing

Sonya said...

Amy,
Just stopping by to see what you're up to, which I see is A LOT.
The quilts are wonderful! Being the queen of shabby chic that I am, I adore the scrappy one. I've just GOT to learn to quilt. And you finished your turtle! Yay! It turned out great. Have fun with those quilts!

quiltygal said...

Hi Amy thanks for visiting.... I put 2 wide strips on the baby quilt today a green spot for grass & a flower print & appliqued 2 butterflies I really like how its going I have a lot more small pinwheels to sew up for the next strip.....I love what you have been doing I have the strip twist pattern printed out waiting...with all the others !! hope you have a great weekend speak to you later...