Aug 26, 2009

Star Afghan

I have been crocheting in some of my free time. I had to rip out the other one. Somehow.... I confoogled the directions and it was not laying flat.Now ya know that has never happened before.

I still have a long way to go. As it has to be big enough to wrap up in... I am using all of my baby yarns.Sorry ladies nothing quilty.I just have switched mediums,am I the only one who does this?
Today I got the best surprise in awhile, My friend Amy, I met last year was working 180 miles from me, She was originally going to come up Saturday. She and her husband came up today!!! YAY.. I have not seen her in a few months.I think Monday we might be heading to kwiltmakrs for some visiting and squaring up of 2 of my antique quilts, and maybe some layering to be ready for hand quilting.
Life is good. Thanks for visiting,Amy

6 comments:

Becky said...

Still looking good! Enjoy your visit!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

That Star afagan is coming along nicely. I really like the colors. Sorry you had to rip some out, sort of like quilting isn't it? You are welcome to come any day you want, we will lay those quilts on my quilt table and get them taken care of.

Mamma Bears Fault said...

Hey there!

Your afghan is adorable! I like to crochet, cross-stitch, and embroider also. And, like quilting I have works in progress in each area. When I get tired of one, I move on to another. I don't think I would enjoy crafting as much if I was stuck in just one "medium".
Thanks for sharing and take care - Elizabeth

KCFitch said...

I found you! Can't wait to see what else you're up to... the star afghan is coming out super cute :-)

Sonya said...

Hi Amy,
I like your star afghan! I made one similar to this when my son was born and it's not easy I know! One mistake in the pattern and it's all over. But it looks great so far, you're doing a great job!
I'm glad you stopped by my blog because it led me back to yours!
I really enjoyed reading back thru all of your posts. What an interesting life you lead my friend! :)

LuAnn said...

I love the star afghan. I have so many quilt and knit projects started, but looking at your blog makes me want to crochet something...