Apr 11, 2012

WIP #9

Hello! It's Wednesday?! And you know what Wednesday is right? it is Work in Progress over at Freshlypieced
There are alot of nice quilty things being posted there. I on the other hand, am not doing any quilty type sewing,more like filling the scrap basket.
My granddaughter seems to like wearing the handmade clothing just as much as I enjoy making them:)
This week has been productive,There are 3 pillowcase dresses.I just love this vintage case.

This one was from purchased fabric using the pillowcase directions.

I was working on a top and the top gave me some aggrivation,so it will remain a WIP until I have more patience for it.

I found this quick and easy tutorial for a bubble halter top
at seaminglysmitten.
The halter works up real quick andcan be adjusted to any size or a dress.I was eyeballing measurements for the grandbaby....she is 24 months,,,well this top fit a 6 month old.. haha was I wrong! my grandbaby would have been upset me trying to squeeze her into it.So,today is working on one that will fit her.I now have the printable pattern chart from Oliver+S pattern site.It will help me when I am sewing and the little one is not here:)
Happy Sewing,Amy
Pin It

7 comments:

CityHouseStudio said...

Adorable dresses!

Vesuviusmama said...

That vintage one is awesome!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Nice job on those. They are too cute. I am not getting much done today, sewing machine acting up not sure what the problem is and I am aggravated. Glad your getting a lot of things done.

Beth said...

Those dresses are great - I love the blue one with the floral straps. You are motivating me to put the quilts aside for a few days and make these for all 3 of my girls.

Quiltingranny said...

simply fresh and cute. Do you have a pattern for these cute dresses?

Crack You Whip said...

These are amazing! I have no domestic talent and am starting to wonder if I can be domesticated at all...

I still enjoy admiring those who are!

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten said...

Amy, I LOVE all your dresses! Your colors are so fresh and fun - perfect for all those hot Louisiana days ahead! :)
Thanks for featuring the bubble top! I will post this on facebook and my blog right now :)
Jenny
Seamingly Smitten
*Saying hello from Baton Rouge, Louisiana!