Jun 25, 2011

My other obsession

I must say I love to bake, and collect Wilton cake pans. Not just any cake pan.. the older discontinues ones are my favorite.. I was lucky enough to find 2 at a yard sale a few weeks ago. The first is Mickey Mouse the year stamped in it is 1978.

The second one is Big Bird and the year is 1971,1977.
I will be making Big Bird real soon, just for the fun of it.
I mean who really needs a reason to make or eat cake?
How about getting 4 quilts quilted in a week?
This is my Christmas quilt I made last Christmas,.. finally quilted and awaiting the binding.. woot woot..
Cinnamon seams to like it almost finished.
Thank you for stopping by.Happy stitching,Amy

10 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm with you Amy, I can always find a reason for cake!

Good for you finishing your Christmas UFO!

Linz said...

Oh my goodness! I want a big bird cake pan too!!!!

And no - you don't ever need a reason to make a cake!!

Michelle said...

Hey Amy!!!! How you doing? I sure think of you alot and the visit we had. Hope life is treating you good!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

any excuse to eat cake is alright by me.

Leanne said...

Your cake pans look fun and cake is always good. I like the christmas quilt!

Melinda said...

So cool! They kind of make me think of these jello molds my mom used to have that she hung on the wall as decoration. And 4 quilts in a week? I wish!

sewhappiness said...

Those cake pans look too cute!! And yeah you're definitely right on the no excuse part for baking cakes;) Your quilt looks awesome!!! I wish you had a full pic of it!! It sure though looks snuggly cause Cinammon looks so comfy and relaxed on it!!! Can't wait to see it all finished:) xoxo

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!

My Mom's Recipe Box said...

Loving the Mickey cake pan!!! Your quilt is pretty and didn't realize we live so close. I am in the big city to the west of you.

Kelly Irene said...

I would be happy to share some Big Bird cake with you any day of the week :) I really like the log cabin Christmas quilt (and it looks like your cat does too). I used a few of the Kate Spain Christmas fabrics last year and they are so of my favorites so far!