May 13, 2011

Vintage Goodies and Upcycling

Do you ever have a day where you just have to get to the thrift store to see what is NEW??? I am glad I did,I found this vintage goodie.

I have been busy cutting some of my vintage sheets into tumblers. The first to cut was the hemming band on my pillowcases,,just out of that band I can get 21 3.5" tumblers... woot woot.For the bigger tumbler I use a 7" strip cut off the sheet.
And you know some dresses have the cutest designs.This dress is now mini and large tumblers.
With Blogger being down for a few days,I actually managed to get some sewing done. I have one more block left for 3x6 Bee.
Thank you for stopping by,Amy

9 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I love the circus sheet you found. I hope you will use that for a backing and not cut it up? I like your 3X6 bee block it looks nice with the rainbow colors and the tumblers will be awesome.

Michelle said...

I totally understand!!! Thrift stores are in my blood!!!

Can't wait to see your tumbler quilt, and I cut up garments too, if I love the fabrics.

Have a great weekend!

sewhappiness said...

Hi Amy:) No Blogger sewing party:) That vintage circus sheet is so adorable!! And your bee block is just lovely!!! Can't wait to see your tumbler quilt:)oohh did I tell you?? I found today in a flea market two pillow cases just adorable in a mint tiny polka dot print with fuchsia flowers!!! just ripped their seams... Thank you so much for your advice!!!
Have a great weekend!!
xo
Eleni

Pattilou said...

How come growing up I never had such fun sheets?! After all I am vintage. LOL! Fun story. I know what you mean about something being down--when I take my computer in for adjustments, I get lots done! Fun post.

Aunt Spicy said...

totally loving the idea of tumblers from vintage sheets, what a great quilt that will be!

em's scrapbag said...

Your tumbler quilt is going to amazing. Can barely wait to see it.

joe tulips said...

The circus fabric is so cute, lucky you! My great aunt recently moved out of her home, she is 102! She had a bunch of old sheets in a closet that were still in there packages! My mom said I could have them. Fun stuff, those old sheets!

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Love thrift shops too and the tumble quilt is going to be so cute..

Quiltingranny said...

I love it when our family goes into a thrift shop, it is amazing what we all for for each other. You found amazing things!