Jan 1, 2011

New Years Tradition

Happy New Year to everyone!! I am spending my day relaxing and some sewing.One tradition I have, my grandmother who was a SPORTS FANATIC!! started for me, we watched the Rose Bowl Parade every New Years day.My grandmother had 3 t.v's in her living room,only one had the volume turned up.It would have been crazy if there had been sound with sports on all t.v's.I have my pork cooking with kraut.The guys of the house want some Buffalo chicken dip to munch on while they watch the games today.Here is the recipe I am using.
Ingredients
2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot®)
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
1 (8 ounce) box chicken-flavored crackers
Directions
1.Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.
I hope everyone has a great day.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. I'll be watching the games too....I was trying to talk Rick into bringing at least one more in here....there's too many games playing at the same time!
Happy New Year Amy....I hope it is filled with blessings and laughter!
Becky

Vesuviusmama said...

Happy New Year, Amy! Sounds like a great start!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Amy...my husbands family tradition is always pork and sauerkraut on New Year's Day too. Are you of German ancestry? We didn't have ours today because we were traveling from our sons home in AZ. You are the first person outside of our family that I have ever heard has this tradition, too!
Happy New Year!

Hazel said...

Sounds like fun with three tv's no one should miss a single play LOL Happy New Year

Live a Colorful Life said...

Amy, I totally get it with the three TVs. Back in the "good old days" where bowl games were on the SAME DAY, we always had three TVs, along with a bar graph that my son made (first on graph paper, and then he graduated to the computer) so you could see where all the games overlapped and which was the most important to watch on the BIG screen.

It was their most favorite day of the year.

Now it has been reduced to a shadow of its former glory...

One TV is all that is necessary.

But I got to watch the parade. On the big TV. That was awesome!

Happy New Year!

Kim said...

Love that parade from Calif.!
Glad you are home and having a cozy New Years Day......

Hope 2011 is good to you and yours.

Happy sewing