Dec 2, 2010

Little Twister

I just had to to try the Little Twister when I seen it at my LQS the other night.It is ok for small projects.I am not so sure about doing a whole quilt.The template I purchased was a 3.5" square and they have one for 10" squares,which might be better/faster.This is how it makes a whirly gig pinwheel Photobucket
Since I wanted to see how it turned out I thought...hotpads would be great! Adding a border and it is the perfect size.This one is already finished,Sorry about how it is chopped up.I need to work on getting square pictures.Photobucket
Now that the 2 baby quilts I was working on are finished I have been trying my hand at the wonky letters. Photobucket Can ya tell what word I was going for?... Could be Christian(my sons name)...Nah, really I was trying Christmas..I wanted to incorporate the word into borders...but I did not think the quilt was wonky enough and it would have distracted somewhat.Now that means I have to do a really scrappy/wonky quilt.Here is the said quilt minus cats and borders.Photobucket
Tonight I am going to use my 50% off coupon at Joanns to get more Insul-Bright..after making several sets of potholders, I think I need some new ones too.Happy Stitching

8 comments:

Cheryl Willis said...

Finish your letters and put them on the back of your Christmas quilt. This way you can practice and have a keepsake at the same time.

I am working on a top now that reminded me of you. could use your imput when you have time. cw

Michelle said...

I bought both the small and large ruler for the Twister, along with the pattern book and have yet to do anything with them. I need TIME and energy. Your christmas quilt looks wonderful!!!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

love the colors on this festive quilt. Nice pattern, too?

Millie said...

Your letters are looking good! Keep going! Tonya's book will show how to make the letters and have lots of examples. Don't be afraid to email me if you have questions!

Tonya Ricucci said...

those letters are awesome - much more interesting than the ones I've fallen into the routine of making. love love love your christmas color and blocks. wonderful!

Viviane said...

It's very beautifull

Vivian said...

Oh, I love your Christmas quilt. I am so tired of all of the Christmas fabric I purchased on clearance several years ago. I really would like some of the new fun bright colors like you have. So after Christmas this year, that is what I will be looking for. No santa's or snowmen, etc.

Sparky said...

Hello Amy...now this is one delightful bright almost Christmas quilt but could be used all year round...just lovely..as you are...