Nov 6, 2013

Wip

Hello, Thank you for stopping by. I have been working on all sorts of projects in different stages of completion. First I have been working on quilts for donation. I got the inspiration for the star from hopeful home maker,scrappy swoon along. I used 3" squares and it made a nice baby quilt.


                             I am also working on a commissioned quilt. I just had to do huge triangles.
I am really loving the big blocks.this is a 24" churn dash for the back of my boys quilt.. I think I better get it put together and get quilted soon. I just love how it is so big compared to my sewing machine.I can cover a lot of ground quickly this way.
And since we are in Houston, I had to go to Quilt Festival.. I must say WOW to all the quilts and artists who created them.
 What would a trip to festival be without picking up some goodies?
I picked up the quick curve ruler.. Oh the beautiful quilts can be made using it..I have only used it once with it so far,.. mainly to show my hubby how it works. 
I plan on making a quilt with it as soon as I clear off my plate. Since I am addicted to triangles and hexagons I had to try a twirling pattern.
And as a bonus when cutting triangles you get another set to use in another quilt.
And last but not least I had to start a lonestar of paradise block. I found the pattern in supersized at Little Miss Shabby.
I am using out of a few of my fabrics by Bonnie and Camille.
I am linking up with a bunch of other great quilters sharing their beautiful projects at Freshly Pieced


Pin It

9 comments:

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Wow!! You've been busy. All the things you have been working on are BEAUTIFUL!! I'll admit I am jealous you went to the quilt festival...JK...NOT! You sound great!

Vera said...

Lovely projects! Love the big triangles and the color combo you used.

Jenn said...

Wow, those are some amazing WIPs!! I especially love the triangles!

Anonymous said...

What a great collection of wips. I love how you say "I just had to do large triangles". Triangles have been nearly driven me crazy in the last couple of days. They appear deceptively easy but are actually a piecing nightmare (for me anyway).

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

What a lot of beautiful projects you've been working on. Love the pink/grey combo when it's done right, and yours is SUPER! Those swirly blocks are great, and I also look forward to seeing what you do with the curves.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have a lot of projects going on. All so beautiful! And how exciting that you got to go to quilt market. So jealous!

Gina said...

Oh my word!!! That is a lot of fun projects you have going on there!!, yay for a commission, quilt Market, and new rulers!!!

Jayne said...

Now that is busy! Beautiful quilts!

Cheryl in Friendsville said...

Wow! You've been one busy little bee!! I love the Bonnie and Camille fabrics.