Apr 3, 2013

March Wip's

Good day! I know this is April, but I am finishing up WIP's for March. I am linking up at Freshly Pieced. I have found a lot of inspiration from the projects the ladies have going on. Plus it helps me realize I am not the only one with more than 3-8 projects going at once.
 I must tell you the last few weeks I have been sucked in by triangles and hexagons. The best way for me to try out something new is a baby quilt. The first quilt is my half hexagons done out of 2.5" strips. One of my daughter's friends is expecting and will find out today if boy or girl, If she is having a girl she will get this..


I decided to make another triangle quilt. This time I pulled a good bit of my Easter fabrics and pastels.

My daughters are fabric enablers.. I took one of my daughters with me to LQS and she picked these fabrics for a second quilt for herself.

I am also working on another hexagon quilt. The pattern is Natures Gem on Moda Bake Shop.

Thank you for stopping by. And stop over and see some great WIP's. have a great day! Amy
Pin It

4 comments:

Carla said...

Oh I just love me some hexies! She will love the quilt if she gets it ; )

marcella said...

Oh, I am loving those triangles in the happy spring colors! Your daughter picked out some really fun fabrics - can't wait to see what they turn into.

Jessica Pyykkonen said...

Love what your daughter picked out! Love the hexies too!

Quiltingranny said...

Oh please share your Hexie secrets with me! I have them all ready to go, but at a loss!http://quiltingranny.blogspot.com/2013/04/sewing-space-photo-giveaway.html