Feb 13, 2012

Mardi Gras Parade 2012

Yesterday I went to the parade of Thor-the GOD of wind. the town where the parade was had Family Gras,music,food,games. One of the bands that we watched was Here Come The Mummies... they were really good!Here is a link to one of their performances.
I would like to share some photos.This is my daughter with my grandbaby..she made out like a bandit getting toys.

And here are some pictures of the band.

Where we stood to watch the parade was partially undera tree,so needless to say beads were landing in the tree.

Of course one of me and 2 of my kids.

I am sorry there are not pictures of the floats,but if your not paying attention when they roll by you could get pelted with bags of beads,My daughter had it happen yesterday.
Thanks for visiting,Amy
The other 2 will be here later in the week,along with my mother. New Orleans aint gonna know what hit em!

2 comments:

Planet Penny said...

What a great way to get a colour fix! Love your blog, so colourful!

Quiltingranny said...

I so miss Mardi Gras. Was in New Orleans working at BP refinery in 1994 and we went all over. I still have Dubloons and beads! The food is amazing! I would come to New Orleans just to eat!