Mar 19, 2011

Projects for Now

Hello, I would like to share a few things I have been working on.The first are some burp cloths for my daughter to use with our newest granddaughter.

The second project is my Hushabye quilt I started last year,I pulled it out of storage to get it done and quilted.
I made up a practice block with some charms,I really like how the charms connect when put together.
I have a friend that her son does not have a quilt from me,I kept thinking aliens for him.I found the cutest ones in Burlington Ks., Yesterday as Marlene and I were out shop hopping.
I have not yet decided what pattern I am going to use for the alien quilt.Thank goodness for all the lovely tutorials on the internet.I am so grateful for the time and effort the designers and quilters put into offering us such nice freebies.
I have also been making my stuffed bunnies for Easter,Which happens to fall on my birthday this year or my birthday falls on it.. either way it will be a special day.Several years ago it was on my oldest daughters birthday.It always makes for a great celebration.
Happy Stitching,Amy

4 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

nice work.....bunnies are too cute
thank you for your very nice comments and for following my blog...I appreciate it

Shay said...

I love the Hushabye line. I think it was the first collection of fabric I ever bought.Your quilt is going to be fabulous.

Love the bunnies. I really should make one for Little P!

Looks like you've been busy (creatively speaking )and it's all lovely!

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheeeee! love the aliens fabric - that is an awesome fabric for a kid quilt!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Wow! We had a good time and you have been really busy, me? not so much. Your pink and white practice blocks looks great and you know I love the fabric you got the other day. Actually the photo does not do the burp pads justice, they are much nicer in person. Can't wait till Thursday!!!! Maybe I can have a better lunch!