Jan 12, 2011

My Favorite Holiday

I must say that I have been in the Valentine mood since before Christmas.I love hearts,red,pink,and chocolate!! I am posting this since I am also in the letter mood.This is for my mother,so I have to get it quilted.I am doing some free motion on it.I learned a few things with my "O" and my "Y" I made the bottom of the O a little thin..note to self allow for the floater piece..The Y try better to match the seam.
I have been sewing on my BUG words.The ladies at UnRuly Blog have really set the bar high!!Hop over and see what they are making.

7 comments:

Cheryl Willis said...

I find it exciting to check every day to see what the next bah humbug word is for the day.
love this top, are you done or is it going larger? I have been in a piano key mood and see possibilities everywhere.

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

I need to get the book for those letters. Will you post what it is called please. I can't find the note where I wrote it to remind myself.

Thanks, diane

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I have been checking on that blog Amy and they are all doing a great job. I am going to have to try some of those. I know your mom will love the wall hanging.

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Amy, love the quilt, it's so cute.

Sharon said...

I think you did a great job! Just remember - it's supposed to be wonky! Your Mom will love it!

I've been watching the Unruly blog too - some of those ladies' work is intimidating. They have really set the bar high. And I think Tonya's gonna have more blocks than she can deal with! *grin*

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've been looking for an idea for a Valentine mug rug and seeing this gave me a great one! :) Thanks! blessings, marlene

Hideaway Girl said...

Cute valentine quilt!