May 2, 2009

Hows this for PINK?

This is my Beautiful grandaughter Jaeda


Today is PINK Saturday posted by Beverly at www.howsweetthesound.typepad.com
I must tell a funny story of my quilt store journeys,Yesterday my friend Amy and I decided to have "girl" day. We took off around 10 a.m headed to Sam's Club in Monroe La. which is about 80 miles from us.. crazy,, It was mainly for some crackers and some vitamins... it was way too hot for groceries!!! Of course I had to throw in the
Quilters Travel Companion,The first shop was in Rustan La. It was nice.They had some fabrics I HAD to have....
We get to Sam's do our biz.. then we head back,the second quilt shop was supposed to be 4.5 miles off this exit we got off.. we drove out a red clay road, then some sort of paved road.. I called the owner and asked if we were headed in the right direction, we were. Amy says" if we lose phone signal,we are headed back to highway"luckily we found the quilt shop.. It is Hannah's Quilts & Crafts 402 St. Peter Loop Rd.Choudrant La.71227 (318)251-0314. Beautiful shop it was. and they had EVERY piece of Oh Cherry Oh! by Moda. I was in Heaven.She does Long arm quilting and quite a few quilts with ribbons on them. for being way off the beaten path I was surprised.They also had a whole room full of 1930's reproductions.I will post a picture of my french braid table runner I am going to make for Amy for dealing with my excursion yesterday.. You would have to know my friend and I to see the giggles in it.This is my granddaughter in her pink onesy.



A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.

Proverbs 15:13

Thanks for visiting, Happy Pink Saturday to everyone,Amy

12 comments:

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Amy, Happy Pink Saturday, your little pink granddaughter is adorable. Sound like you and your frind had a pretty fun day.

SmilingSally said...

What a cutie! Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday. Check out my book giveaways

Unknown said...

Pink granddaughters are the best and yours is simply pinky! Aren't we blessed with such beautiful grandbabies? I have an online friend in Ruston, LA. I bet she could've told you where that quilt shop is! It sounds like a little piece of quilting heaven.

♥Mimi♥ said...

Wonderful post for this l♥vely Pink Saturday. This is one morning of the week that I sit back, stroll from blog to blog and indulge myself surrounded by my favorite color.

I wish you a blessed weekend filled with sunshine and surrounded by those you l♥ve.

Babies are ALWAYS the best pink of all!

Betty said...

Your shopping trip sounds so fun! I would love to see pics of that quilt shop.
Have a wonderful Pink Saturday!

Mimi said...

What a perfect pink angel!

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ Blessings to you!

Char said...

She's a little pink angel, and it sounds like you had a blast to Sams, Happy PInk Saturday, Char

Roslyn said...

A sweet girly girl you have there,Amy!
I like your Mosaic block looks crisp & clesn & summery.

Claudia said...

Your granddaughter is adorable. Happy Pink Saturday!

Julie said...

Your grand daughter is precious!
Sounds like your day of shopping for fabric was a success! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Your granddaughter is soooo adorable! I thought you were going to say that you were lost on a back country road! I'm glad you found your quilt store! Pink Hugs!

Beansieleigh said...

The photos of your granddaughter are very sweet! I only do a little bit of quilting, but I LOVE cakes, cupcakes, candy, and cookies!! Happy Pink Saturday, and hope you had a great weekend!