Mar 20, 2009

Disappearing 9 patch

I found this tutorial on several different blog sites, So I am going to post my blocks.I used 4"x4" squares, I had some cut for 3 years... I know, but I am shopping the UFO bin to keep me busy. anyways I sewed them together to make a 9 patch.
Photobucket
Then I cut them in half in both directions
Photobucket
and twisted them to make a different block.This is going to be a 2 color quilt since I had nothing else to go with them.
Photobucket
it may take awhile for me to show a picture of a more completed project, Since I am using this as a leader and ender project.One of them that ya do not have to really think, just grab squares and start sewing.Thanks for visiting, Amy

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I love this pattern. I made a baby quilt and a placemat to practice my free motion quilting on, using this pattern. I can't wait to see it when you are finished.
Be blessed!
Michelle

My name is Riet said...

Love the ninepatch and what you can do with it. Nice fabric too

Angela said...

Love your quilt blocks! I would had never thought of doing it that way! Thanks for visiting my site. What part of West Virginia did you live in? The flowers on my post are in my yard except for the last picture was at a park in Beckley. I took the pictures about 3 years ago.
Happy Pink Saturday!
Angela

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,

Welcome to South Arkansas! We have an active Quilt Guild here and would be glad to have you visit with us while you're here. If you review this form before it is published please leave another comment and I'll send my email address. I don't want to leave it on an open forum. Pat D.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Pink Day. Thanks for sharing your pink. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Jeni said...

Just love your design....love the colours..cant wait to see the quilt finish

Julie said...

Hi Amy. I am thinking of doing this for my giant bag of nickle squares that I have. They are all different, so I am not sure how that will look.

Bonnie said...

Great fabric choices for the d9p. (or dnp) I think I'll try a two fabric one too... one of these days.

Ye Merrie Quilter said...

What a cool idea for the 9 patch! I'll have to try that! My son's teacher is expecting a baby this summer--perfect occasion to try it out! Hope you had a great Easter!
Karen - the Merrie Quilter