Jan 29, 2009

Verde salsa

I met a lady here who makes tamales.she is making them today and tomorrow,Ok ya say whootpy doo.. Well hubby,son and I love tamales.. we eat them with verde salsa. A man we met back 2004 while working in Rapid City, South Dakota showed me how to make it.. I thought I would share with everyone.
Verde(green) Salsa
3-4 Jalapenos
1-2 Serrano peppers
1 Onion
6-7 Tomatillos
Cilantro
salt,,gloves,food processor
Boil Tomatillos for 5 minutes. It is ok to leave the husk on it, it comes off once you boil them
tomatillas
The serrano peppers are smaller then jalapenos and HOTTER.
peppers
Can ya see the difference in the size?
also see the glove? ya might want to use some for cutting the pepper in half, no need to chop them. You will be using a food processor.
When tomatillos are done you peel the husk off ,discarding the husk. Put them in processor with peppers,onion,salt.Only add peppers to taste. I start with one of each, then add more if I want hotter.the peppers will mix better after a few minutes.Add cilantro to taste.Pulsate in processor long enough to get everything mixed.
salsa
I hope ya like it.Excellent with chips,tamales,or any other mexican dish. thanks and enjoy,Amy
Thanks to Silvino(Silver) an awesome welder from Chihuahua Mexico.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Amy Mike loves chili verde. He use to get it at our favorite place and they make it with pork but since the heart attack they make it with chicken for him. I am going to have to try this one for him.

My name is Riet said...

HI Amy. There is an award for you on my blog

Vanessa said...

Sounds yummy! I'm printing the recipe to try it soon. Salsa and chips are my favorite snack.

Bonnie said...

Yummy! Hum, I wonder if I can find the chilies and tomatillos here in the poconos! We had lots of Mexican food when we were in Florida -- and it was all good. And, tamales... I am right with you.

By the by, I love your Happy Blocks quilt. Makes me smile. And, your pineapple blossom is great too. Mine is more subdued but it is one of my favorites. So, do you have a recipe for red enchillada sauce?

Unknown said...

I am so going to try that for our dinner tonight!

Canarella said...

Wow nice I had out up my pictures of the salzzzaa I made for my christmas baskets.....I think I will try this one next....And nice dipping with the young man is that your son?...Lani