Jan 28, 2009

Hearts Wallhanging

This book I purchased over 2 years ago in Gillette Wy.
Photobucket
it is from www.pressingmattersink.com
Needless to say when I bought the book it was close to Valentines Day,I started these heart blocks
pink hearts
and they sat in a tote since then. Am I the only one who buys half yard cuts or fat quarters of fabrics ya like and then figure out it was NOT enough for a quilt?well I am making a wallhanging and hope to get it quilted to hang up for the sweet day.
Photobucket
Have I told anyone I LOVE Valentines Day? My kids and hubby know that. I have made my red bargello mainly from Valentines prints.
Since a few of these too short fabric purchases I have learned heck nothing under a yard unless just adding a certain color to my stash.when I first started quilting over 20 years ago, I used old dresses my daughters would grow out of and fabric was alot reasonably priced back then. then I stopped sewing for a year or so while going through a divorce,lost EVERYTHING(fabric,patterns,notions) thanks to a bad storage option.. anways, I started again buying fat quarters. ya know that don't last long. so now I have this stash that I have aquired through my many travels. I could tell ya where I bought EVERY piece.. except for the one my son found behind my deepfreezer.. it had tools on it. So I know I bought it for welding caps, but not sure as to where I picked it up.
Ok, enough rambling. please tell me your favorite holiday and your favorite fabric type, novelties? Christmas? Halloween?
Thanks for visiting,Amy

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Amy,
Your blocks look fantastic, and I can't wait to see it all put together.

I mostly get my fabrics from our monthly fat quarter exchange, but I pick up a lot of my fabric at thrift stores, and I make quilts out of fabric from all kinds of items from the thrift store. I also love new fabric, but don't buy it often, and it seems the fabric I do buy, I save, because it is just so pretty and nice.

I know, I'm weird.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Blessings,
Michelle

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Well I don't know my favorite holiday - but my favorite fabrics is western/cowboy themed!